Masonry Mortar & Grout Systems
Every masonry repair or restoration challenge is different, which is why one-size-fits-all products are destined to fail. At Cathedral Stone, we’ve developed a complete line JAHN Restoration Mortar Systems that are scientifically-engineered to match the unique physical properties of every masonry substrate, including stone, stucco, brick, terra cotta, precast concrete, and concrete.
Discover why JAHN restoration mortars and grouts deliver results that last a lifetime
Our specially-formulated JAHN Restoration Mortars and Grouts match the relative hardness or softness of the individual substrates, so joints and repairs move with the masonry instead of fighting against it which causes more deterioration and damage. Additionally, our mortars and grouts are formulated to match the porosity of the substrate which prevent water and salts from getting trapped in the masonry, causing the destruction of the repairs from the inside out. Instead they allow water and salt to easily move through the repair and out to the surface where it evaporates or gets washed away. Manufactured in our corporate laboratory, our substrate-specific Masonry Restoration Mortars and Grouts are superior to one-size-fits all products because they are:
- Substrate-compatible—Our special JAHN formulations exactly match the unique density of each type of masonry. This allows the repairs to expand and contract with the original substrate which assures long lasting repairs and preventing additional deterioration.
- Breathable—They are formulated to match the porosity of the substrate which allows moisture and vapor to escape rather than trapping it inside where it can damage masonry when it expands.
- All natural—They contain no acrylics or other non-breathable, synthetic adhesives.
- Designed to work with all our other systems—Now there’s only one place to go for Masonry Cleaning, Stripping, Mortar, Grout, Coating, and Water Repellent systems that are scientifically engineered to be completely compatible.
- Made in the U.S.A.—We take quality control very seriously. All our systems are developed, refined, manufactured and shipped from our corporate facilities in Hanover, Maryland.
- Backed by over 30 years of experience—We don’t just manufacture and sell masonry restoration products. We provide comprehensive solutions that include evaluations and recommendations from our in-house team of masonry restoration experts, each who have decades of hands on experience in the field.